Dictionary of Netwar (Lenakel language)
- In this category:
- Language posters
This is the first ever extensive dictionary of Netwar language (western Tanna, Republic of Vanuatu) published online. It is the fruit of several years of my work among the inhabitants of the island of Tanna. It contains translations of local expressions, pronunciation recordings and photographic documentation. Its purpose is to help in the preservation of the language and in passing it to the young generation.
If you want to use this data in any way, or found a mistake, please, contact me first.
- (generic term) n naluwel
- n nowanagén , dish based on yam, sometimes called as "simboro" from Bislama.
- n kakéwan , kind prepared on the skin of tree 'nekfitu'.
- n nasoro , large species of l. packed in leaves and used as gift during local ceremonies.
- n salpat , of manioc, with coconut milk poured on.
- n kati , prepared with germinating coconut 'napekak'.
Speaker: Noël Yeru (Lowanatom)