Dictionary of Netwar (Lenakel language)
- In this category:
- Language posters
This is the first ever extensive dictionary of Netwar language (western Tanna, Republic of Vanuatu) published online. It is the fruit of several years of my work among the inhabitants of the island of Tanna. It contains translations of local expressions, pronunciation recordings and photographic documentation. Its purpose is to help in the preservation of the language and in passing it to the young generation.
If you want to use this data in any way, or found a mistake, please, contact me first.
- n prisin Agrianome fairmairei), kind of large larva living in dead wood, consumed by people, 3rd stage, cf.: 'kelepes', 'pitas', 'iapau' and 'pwir'.
- n pwir Agrianome fairmairei), larger and more mature maggots of this species, which are still active, 2nd stage. cf.: 'prisin'.
- n iapau Agrianome fairmairei), larger and more mature maggots of this species, which do not move anymore and get ready for metamorphosis, 4th stage. cf.: 'prisin'.
- n matakaiam , larvae living only in kava roots.
- n pitas Agrianome fairmairei), smaller and younger maggots of this species, 1st stage. cf.: 'prisin'.
Speaker: Noël Yeru (Lowanatom)