Dictionary of Netwar (Lenakel language)
- In this category:
- Language posters
This is the first ever extensive dictionary of Netwar language (western Tanna, Republic of Vanuatu) published online. It is the fruit of several years of my work among the inhabitants of the island of Tanna. It contains translations of local expressions, pronunciation recordings and photographic documentation. Its purpose is to help in the preservation of the language and in passing it to the young generation.
If you want to use this data in any way, or found a mistake, please, contact me first.
- n (generic term) clan, also used for the land owned by a clan.
- n (generic term) canoe, outrigger, indigenous term. cf.: 'kenu'.
- n (generic term) ship
- n canoe, a small canoe in which a 'kawar' is held.
- n canoe, a shape in 'kemal' game.
- n flower sheath, of coconut tree.
Speaker: Noël Yeru (Lowanatom)