Dictionary of Netwar (Lenakel language)
- In this category:
- Language posters
This is the first ever extensive dictionary of Netwar language (western Tanna, Republic of Vanuatu) published online. It is the fruit of several years of my work among the inhabitants of the island of Tanna. It contains translations of local expressions, pronunciation recordings and photographic documentation. Its purpose is to help in the preservation of the language and in passing it to the young generation.
If you want to use this data in any way, or found a mistake, please, contact me first.
- (generic term) n naugenepen the flower itself at the end of the inflorescence stem.
- n nuan , curved part of the stem of the inflorescence.
- n neprisin (nepen) , part of the banana bunch where the fruit is already ripe. Hand of bananas.
- n nesinepen , part of the banana bunch where the fruit is not matured and ripe.
- n nuahun , straight part of the stem of the inflorescence.
Speaker: Noël Yeru (Lowanatom)